Digital photography has opened up a whole new world of possibilities for nature photographers. But to take advantage of these opportunities we must equip ourselves with the proper tools and skills. With a little bit of knowledge, the right software and an efficient editing workflow; digital editing can help to give your images that “wow factor” you’ve been looking for.
Guided by Glenn, participants will learn how to take their images from straight out-of-the-camera RAW or jpg images to stunning final works of art (ready for printing or websites). We will also calibrate your computer screen so that colours are displayed accurately and your prints will come back from the lab looking the way you expect them to.
Workshops can be taken as single 2 hour classes or as a series of 4 classes (recommended to learn a strong foundation in Adobe Photoshop).
Workshops are generally held at the home of the participant (in order to work at the participant's workstation). If desired the workshop can be conducted at Glenn's office/workstation.
KEY LEARNING OBJECTIVES
After an initial conversation / assessment of the participant's familiarity with digital processing - participants will focus on the following learning objectives:
- - Understanding the most important tools in Adobe Photoshop.
- - Converting RAW files using Adobe Camera Raw.
- - Establishing a basic workflow that works for you.
- - Writing actions - speeding up your workflow and saving you time!
- - More advanced topics - cloning, dodging and burning, noise removal, layer masks, etc.
WHY SIGN UP FOR THIS DIGITAL WORKSHOP?
- - Glenn is one of the world’s top photographers in bird portrait photography - his images are regularly published in books and magazines around the world. If they are good enough for the National Geographic Society - then you know you can trust him to help you with your digital processing!
- - Many nature photographers are taking great images out in the field but are not comfortable enough in the digital darkroom to truly unlock the potential of these images. Glenn will show you how!
- - Adobe Photoshop can be a scary program to try to learn to use by yourself. Guided by Glenn however - you will have a workflow of your own established in just a few 2 hour lessons...
- - Glenn will calibrate your monitor so that colours look as they should and your prints will come out the same as they do on your monitor at home.
- - The cost of a single digital workshop is $80.00 / person (+ any travel costs).
- - The 4 workshop course costs $299.00 / person (+ any travel costs).
- It is recommended that each participant have a computer (Mac or PC) that has Photoshop or Photoshop Elements installed.
HOW TO SIGN UP? WHAT SHOULD YOU DO NEXT?
If you have any questions or would like to register, send Glenn an e-mail: